Vacancy: Support Engineer
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to join the technical team in our Kingston upon Thames office, reporting to the Operations Director.
The successful candidate will play a key role in our dynamic and award-winning technical team. You will be responsible for providing our customers with the highest level of support for complex software solutions, liaising closely with customer and Creativity Software technical teams in order to achieve this.
Main Job Responsibilities:
3rd Line Support
- Remote troubleshooting and problem analysis on systems deployed to a Linux environment in our customer environments.
- Proactively monitoring and verifying the deployed solutions and their behaviour.
- Routine customer communication to track issues, liaising directly with customers and in-country partners
- Taking support calls from customer technical teams via phone, email or ticketing system.
- Taking responsibility for the above and following to resolution.
- Reproducing issues or bugs in local environments and creating Jira issue reports.
- Providing customers with advice, guidelines, and / or documentation.
- Some configuration of in-house software.Assistance with analysis of test results from customer deployments.
- Covering out of hours customer contact if required.
Additional depending on experience
- Troubleshooting GMLC/SMLC to Core/Radio network integrations.
- Systems testing.
- Troubleshooting of networking equipment (load balancers, switches, VPN, etc.).
- A BSc minimum is required, preferably Software Eng, Telecom Eng, or Computer Science and equivalent to UK 2:1
- We are looking for somebody with at least some Linux, database and networking skills.
- The person will also have good experience of customer facing roles and provable problem solving experience in a complex software environment.
- The person will be highly articulate and numerate and will have experience of supporting similarly complex projects.
- Hands on L2 or L3 experience from a support role in Telecoms, Finance – or any other industry where there are mission critical systems would be beneficial.
- Experience commensurate with at least 2 years in a technical role with similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Telecom environment and technologies is a great advantage including OSS / BSS industries.
- Knowledge of location technologies and/or experience with geo-location data
- Knowledge of other languages a plus – e.g. Spanish, Arabic.
- Experience of ITIL processes a plus.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st February 2018.
As part of our recruitment process, Creativity Software collects and processes personal data relating to job
applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Read here for more information.